ISO 14000—Environmental Management
ISO 14001 is an international standard for environmental management systems. ISO 14001 certification can help you:
- Enhance your environmental performance
- Fulfill compliance obligations
- Achieve environmental objectives
- Generate greater demand for your products and services and increase their acceptance
- Reduce risk and liability while increasing efficiency and customer confidence
The ISO 14000 family of standards provides practical tools for companies and organizations of all kinds looking to manage their environmental responsibilities.
ISO 14001:2015 and its supporting standards such as ISO 14006:2011 focus on environmental systems to achieve this. The other standards in the family focus on specific approaches such as audits, communications, labelling and life cycle analysis, as well as environmental challenges such as climate change.
The ISO 14000 family of standards are developed by ISO Technical Committee ISO/TC 207 and its various subcommittees.